Maine Coon cat and Siberian cat
As many of you know, I’m a mix between a Maine Coon (my father) and a Siberian cat (my mother). But what kind of characteristics did I get from these breeds? Let’s find out!
Maine Coons are large kitties. Male weigh about 6 to 8kg and female about 3,5 to 5,5kg. This breed of cat has long or medium hair with a long full tail. The fur gets thicker in the winter and thinner during the summer. Maine Coons have large paws, long tufts of fur growing between their toes and heavily furred ears with extra long tufts of fur growing from inside. Maine Coons are loyal and cautious (but not mean) around strangers. They are independant and not clingy. They’re genarelly not known for being a lap cat. They are playful, with males tending to be more clownish and females generally possessing more dignity, yet both are equally affectionate. Maine Coons are also well known for being very vocal cats, frequent yowling or howling, trilling, chirping, and making other loud vocalizations.
Do I recognize myself in this? Well let me tell you!
- In terms of kilograms I am 4kg, so that is right for the female part. But I’m not a very large kitty, I’m actually a very petite lady!
- I have a very fluffy tail, but not a very long one.
- My fur does get thicker in the winter and thinner in the summer.
- I do not have large paws, but do have the cute tufts of fur growing between my toes.
- Not sure if you can call my ears heavily furred, but there are some long tufts coming out of them.
- I am loyal (especially to humom) and a little cautious around strangers.
- I’m not really independant and I am clingy. So that one is all wrong haha.
- Being a lap cat is not a wrong thing! So yes I am, but only when I want to be.
- I am a little clownish, even though that is more a male thing.
- And am I a vocal cat? Sure am! Love to let my voice hear to get eather attention, send a warning to other cats or chirping to birds.
Siberian cat or Siberian Forest Cat
Siberian cats are medium to medium-large kitties. This breed is known to be an exceptionally agile jumper and have well rounded paws with tufts of fur between the toes. The Siberian has a thick, water-resistant coat with a full collar ruff and a bushy tail. The coat, especially the ruff, is thicker in winter. They have medium/large sized ears, large eyes and a broad foreheads. Their large round eyes give an overall sweet expression to their face. The Siberian is an adventurer, climbing to great heights and leaping wide expanses as they make their way through their home. They love their family but they are not excessively demanding of attention. Siberians are cats who gets along with everyone, but can be a bit suspicious of guests until they get used to them. They will enjoy following you around when you are at home and greet you happily after you’ve been gone.
What breed am I more
Let’s find out where I recognize myself in!
- As I said, I’m a very petite lady. So maybe I have more of the Siberian size in me as they are medium to medium-large in comparison with the Maine Coon that are large.
- Me an agile jumper? Sure am! I often show off my ninja moves on the couch or in the garden
- And like Maine Coon tufts of fur between the toes? Yes!
- I have a thick coat, a full collar and my fur is sure thicker in the winter. And a bushy tail you can find on my booty.
- I have normal size ears I think and don’t really know if I have large and round eyes. What do you think?
- Being an adventurer is what I was made to do! I love to go outside and go on adventures.
- I can demand attention so that is not completely true, but only from my humans though.
- It’s true that I am suspicious around guests until I get used to them.
- And I have to admit, I follow humom around the house very often haha.
- And when my humans get home, I’m waiting for them at the door with a few meows and cudles!
Do you have a cat that is a mix of or one of these breeds? Let me know if you recognize your kitty in these features!